Monday, November 7, 2022

Work on the Things that You Can Control


 Work on the Things that You Can Control


Working on self-control is a very difficult thing to do and it needs constant attention.  After studying politics and religion for over 50 years, I can say that I have managed to “read myself stupid.”  If I had used the natural law or natural order as a guide, I would have been able to make more intelligent choices and had better outcomes.  Control is the key and that control must remain with every man, woman, and child.  This control should keep us out of trouble if we learn to think clearly by determining if something is right or wrong; good or evil.  Right and good always get beneficial results; evil always gets bad results.  We cannot control what other people do or think, but we have the ability to control ourselves.


All of the principles of Satan or Lucifer—I call him the Evil One—are evil and destructive.  Where we all go wrong is that we don’t judge our own thoughts and actions by the rule of right and wrong; true or false; good and evil.  As a result, we constantly find ourselves in perpetual troubles as we reap the bad results of our poor choices.  We have to judge everything by the moral order which is within the boundaries of the natural law which the real God created.  Anything less than that will get bad results.


We don’t  need books to learn about it.  We simply have to use our judgment to make important decisions about our thoughts and actions.  One of the things I’ve noticed is that if I make a decision that is morally correct, I will always get a better result.  I have learned that it is easier to take the extra time to make a proper judgment so that I don’t have to feel the bad results of my poor choices.


I like to judge my own thoughts as to whether they are moral or immoral; right or wrong; good or evil.  Once my choice conforms to the natural order, I feel more peaceful and content.  We all have bad thoughts and the idea is to get rid of them when they occur.  I am sometimes surprised at the amount of time I have wasted in my life thinking about bad things.  


I believe that it is best to work on the things we can control first.  We don’t need to read a bunch of books to use the natural law.  It is simple to use and easy to understand if we take the time to think for ourselves.


The problem with reading is that we don’t have any idea whether or not what is being stated is true or false unless we have the facts to verify it ourselves.  All of us have made very poor choices based on written information.  I think it is better to think for ourselves and make intelligent choices.  I think the best way to control ourselves is to take the time to think clearly and make better judgments.


https://www.buymeacoffee.com/althompson


Walter Allen Thompson has a book called Natural Law: The True Supreme Law of the Land

No comments:

Post a Comment