Sunday, October 24, 2021

The “Uncivilized” Native American

 

This was said by George Catlin about a people in the pre-civilization era prior to the mid to late 1800s:

I love a people that have always made me welcome to the very best that they had.

I love a people who are honest without laws, who have no jails and no poorhouses.

I love a people who keep the commandments without ever having read or heard them preached from the pulpit.

I love a people who never swear or take the name of God in vain.

I love a people “who love their neighbors as they love themselves.”

I love a people who worship God without a Bible, for I believe that God loves them also.

I love a people who have never raised a hand against me, or stolen my property, when there was no law to punish either.

I love and don’t fear mankind where God has made and left them, for they are his children.

I love the people who have never fought a battle with the white man except on their own ground.

I love a people who live and keep what is their own without lock and keys.

I love a people who do the best they can.  And oh how I love a people who don’t live for the love of money.

Walter Allen Thompson has a new book called Natural Law: The True Supreme Law of the Land

No comments:

Post a Comment