Governments could only have any authority over anyone is if they stayed in line with God's commandments. Everyone that I've seen throughout history violates the commandments as a matter of habit and policy. I'm finding that by limiting my judgments to whether or not my actions conform to the commandments, I can live a fuller and more meaningful life. Everything seems to go better for me even when there appears to be some trouble ahead. I just depend on God and I stay within the boundaries of the commandments. I do not feel any retribution coming and my equanimity is always peaceful. However, governments just don't seem to care about God's commandments, but they go out of their way to break them. So let's go through these commandments and see how government violates them.
- Thou shalt have none other Gods before my face. (Deut. 5:7 Geneva Bible)
- Natural Law: Worshiping or honoring anything other than the creator is simply stupid and unnecessary because the false god has no power over the creator. Most governments that I am aware of set themselves up as gods attempting to usurp the authority of God. Even our own constitution claims that it is "the supreme law of the land." I'm sorry, God's law is the supreme law of the land and all of us were born with the knowledge of them through the natural law. The only God that has any authority over anything is the one who created everything. A government's actions should be judged by their ability to abide in the commandments.
- Thou shalt make thee no graven image or any likeness of that that is in heaven above, or which is in the earth beneath, or that is in the waters under the earth. Thou shalt neither bow thyself unto them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God....(Deut. 8-10)
- Natural Law: Again, a piece of wood or stone chiseled into any kind of image has the potential to draw a man into idolatry. The problem with statues is obvious in nature. Why honor something made with a man's hands? If I go to any government building in any part of the world, I would probably find a statue or a cast figure of someone or something. These statutes violated God's commandments. I know people love their little idols, but the fact is these idols can draw a man into worshiping a false god. Anything that is created is not and should never be an object of worship. Look at the Statue of Liberty; it can't even wipe itself if a bird craps on it. These statues deserve no honor from anyone. If it is a graven image, I would just not pay any attention to it. These things are evil and defile the land.
- Thou shalt not take the Name of the Lord thy God in vain: for the Lord will not hold him guiltless that taketh His name in vain. (Deut. 5:11)
- Natural Law: No one can accurately predict the future with any accuracy. There will always be something that can come up unexpectedly. It doesn't make any sense to swear oaths as they have no logical function. Swearing of oaths, taking pledges, making promises, and vows are all a part of taking God's name in vain. Governments use oaths of loyalty and bondage to the people who work for their organizations. The oath is present almost everywhere and it is a pagan practice. I suggest just stop taking them as they will never do any man or woman any good. In fact, they will get a person into a lot of trouble. Swearing oaths put all government and courts on the dark-side. Most religious groups, freemasons, and many other psychotic groups use the oath. Yes, I know the Boy Scouts use the oath, and they should never brainwash young boys to offend God in this way. Stay away from signing anything under the penalty of perjury because it means lying under oath.
- Thou shalt not kill (murder)
- Natural Law: Nature tells us that killing another man, woman, or child is evil and wrong. We all have a latent knowledge of these laws. (I'm not including self-defense issues.) Do not governments start wars? Governments want to control almost every part of everyone's lives. And in order to get compliance with their stupid laws and regulations, they use force or violence to get their way. How does anyone justify joining the military when they are going to be violating God's commandments. A military should only be for defensive purposes, and not establishing other psychotic doctrines on groups of other people who may disagree. For instance: if I was sent to Viet Nam and I go kill a family because they happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time, would I not be committing murder? War is the product of bad government. In my lifetime, there have been very few periods of peace. That has always been one war after another. War is big money to be made, and its purpose seems to be to limit the populations of the world. Our world is so steeped in violence that many people have never known a peaceful day or a day without violence. The false god of government wants to kill or destroy as many people as it can; it's their job. This is why the government supports abortion because they are psychotic creeps. Killing babies in the womb is the most disgusting thing anyone can do, yet it is promoted as acceptable by the government. The government allows for the murder of the unborn.
- Neither shalt thou commit adultery....(Deut 5:18)
- Natural Law: For men and women, nature tells us that marriage between one man and one woman is the correct way to do it. This is evident in nature. Adultery, fornication, and homosexuality have not place in the natural law because these activities offend these laws. The problem with sexual sin is that it completely distorts the proper relationship between a man and a woman. It sets everything in the wrong direction and nothing but trouble follows. Unfortunately, the government promotes all of these bad things through their misguided "social policies." These programs are run by the most morally deficient people that they can find. This is being done on purpose to ruin our lives. Since the governments operate on the dark-side, they promote sexual perversion in order to control the population. Sexual misconduct weakens the person, making them easier to control. It's best to limit sexual activity by doing it in a lawful marriage only. This is why the government teaches young children about sex when they themselves are the perverts.
- Neither shalt thou steal....(Deut. 5:19)
- Natural Law: It is obvious that taking something that belongs to another is wrong and we really don't need to have a written commandment for it. The government treats the people as if they were animals, livestock, or other types of beasts. It steals their labor through income taxes. A man or woman only has their abilities to work and it is the only way they can support themselves and their families. The government sometimes steals over 50% of a man's labor simply for the reason because he exists. Government breaks the commandments because it steals from people through the use of usury or interest in the banking system. Usury and interest are a form of stealing. The economy would improve greatly if interest was taken completely out of the financial systems. These are but just a few ways government steals from the people.
- Neither shalt thou bear a false witness against thy neighbor...(Deut. 5:20)
- Natural Law: Nature tells us that if we tell lies, that we are distorting the minds and the thinking of other people. Here again, we have a latent knowledge of right and wrong. How can you tell when a government official is lying? When he is moving his lips. When government writes their dead laws upon dead paper, they use language that is intentionally deceiving. They use terms instead of words. These terms are defined within their code to say one thing and do another. It is almost impossible to completely understand an issue because their language is intended to deceive.
The continual breaking of these commandments is not sustainable (love that word) and it will be the downfall of us all. Better to repent, change our ways, and start living our lives the way God intended.
Walter Allen Thompson has a new book called Natural Law: The True Supreme Law of the Land
Walter Allen Thompson is the author of The Grace of Repentance: Keeping God's Commandments