We'll be looking at this question from a perspective of a working family, mostly from the middle class, but also, from the perspective of someone who is considered rich in economic standards. I won't be talking about the moral character of government because I've done that elsewhere on this blog. I want to focus this as much as I can upon economic common sense if there is any left.
Many years ago, I figured out that after taxes, anyone who made over $50,000.00 would have a total tax liability of around 63%. These included:
- Income tax: 28-33%
- Social Security tax: 6.5 to 15.3%
- State Income tax: 9%
- Unemployment insurance (tax)just under 1% per employee
- Property tax: Variable Depending on the value of a home. 8%(I'm going to use)
- Excise tax..especially on gasoline: Combined state and federal .601per gallon 15gals per week so on an income of 50 grand the tax just on gasoline runs about .0093756 or almost 1% just on gasoline alone.
- Sales tax: Now about 8.75% in California
But the question is this:
- Is the government system that we have in place today worth the 63% of income?
- Is the Democratic and Republican parties worth 63% of your income?
- Is the United States Congress and Senate worth 63% of your income?
- Is the US military worth 63% of your income, especially if you've had your limbs blown off in a war in some God forsaken land?
- Is being sprayed with chemicals (chemtrails) worth 63% of your income?
- Is being felt up and being sexually molested by the TSA worth the 63% of your income.
- Was losing our manufacturing and agricultural base with trade agreements like NAFTA and TTP worth 63% of your income?
- Is the high unemployment rate worth 63% of your income?
- Is the judicial system of abject slavery worth 63% of your income.
- Was "Fast and Furious" worth 63% of your income?
- Is the pathetic public school system worth 63% of your income?
- Was Waco and Ruby Ridge worth 63% of your income?
- Was Bill Clinton and Monica worth 63% of your income?
- Were all of the calculated wars worth 63% of your income?
- Was George W. Bush worth 63% of your income?
- Is the police brutality in the streets worth 63% of your income?
- Is the communist economic system worth 63% of your income?
- Are any of the candidates running for President worth 63% of your income?
The results cannot be disputed. I'm sitting here trying to find something good to say about our government but I can't. Everything it touches turns into excrement. Is it worth the money? Can we do better? I'm sure it is possible but it is a matter of choice. No matter what the government does, you have to ask yourself: Is this worth 63% of my income?
Walter Allen Thompson has a new book called Natural Law: The True Supreme Law of the Land