Sunday, May 14, 2023

Truth versus Belief


 Truth vs. Belief


In order to make good decisions, it is important to discern the truth and act accordingly in order to get good results.  All of us have grown up in various cultures but the facts show that the natural order applies to all of us in the same way.  The truth has a way of always finding the right outcome or the correct course of action.  Someone may call himself a “believer” but did he take that position from discerning the truth?  Or did he simply accept something that somebody or a group of people said and then made it his own.  Obviously, believing in something that is false is going to be evil and bad.  Believing anything should always be true; supported by the facts, and simple enough for anyone to explain.  We can do this by right reason and common sense.  We must be able to think for ourselves and make most of our decisions based on that rather than believing in vague or absurd doctrines.


In my opinion, there are the forces of good and evil that attempt to influence our minds.  The good comes from the real God who created everything; the evil comes from a conscious evil being which most call the Devil.  After living over 76 years, I have experienced these influences and every decision I made, whether good or bad, got the predictable results.  I got paid back with either good or evil.  This choice between good and evil should always be at the focus or our minds and spirits.  I wish I had learned this when I was younger.  I would have saved myself a lot of grief.


When I say the real God, that would exclude all religions that I am aware of because I have watched them in action and I don’t see much good in them.  They seem to always fall into the dark side but they look righteous on the surface.  I don’t know the real God anymore than anyone else, but it seems to me that the real God doesn’t conform to any manmade religion.  So if I believe in the real God, it must be within the natural order that is within the truth.  In my view, I can’t see any reason to not believe in God because of the evidence we see in our own existence.  It is far to intricate to think that it exploded into existence.  Thus, I believe in the real God based upon what I have experienced and seen in my life.  But that’s all I know at this time.


Most people have not learned how to think.  They have learned to spew out dogma that they learned but may or may not be true.  I think it is better to consider all of the facts before arriving at a conclusion.  And if the facts later point to a different area, we should be free to change our belief based on the facts.


If I’m going to use a writing, it is only going to be as good as the truth it reflects.  One German philosopher, Arthur Shopenhaur once said: “Reading is thinking with someone else’s head, instead of one’s own.”  Mankind has put on himself so much evil by not understanding the value of critical thinking.  “…anyone spends almost the whole day in reading..he gradually loses the capacity for thinking..This is the cases with many learned persons; they have read themselves stupid.”


I would make sure that anything that we believe is founded in truth so that we can make intelligent decisions in the future.  This will provide for a better life and existence for everyone.


Walter Allen Thompson has a book called Natural Law: The True Supreme Law of the Land


Donate

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/althompson



1 comment:

  1. AnonymousMay 18, 2023

    This world is crap everything is rotten because of the Jewish psychopaths, you say that the natural law but at what point have these psychopaths stopped or has justice been done in this world that is more like hell this system has existed for more than 5000 years and there has never been a good time in this world, the same thing always happens over and over again, that is why we see the decline of this civilization because once again it will be destroyed as in the past

    ReplyDelete